Ticker

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

June 6th B-Day...

So my band date was June 6th.
The following week before Band Day I did a half-hearted pre-op diet.
My ''Last Meal'' on June 5th was at Beef O'Brady's and it was the Grilled shrimp.
And no, it was not as good as I wanted it to be. But it is better than my current diet.
Just looking at it kinda makes me hungry but not all at the same time.

I ate there with my really good friend Chris; we share a love of gardening, chickens, we both moderate a group on facebook and Varagesale, and Chris has also had bariatric surgery. So she knew what I was going through with my nerves and as a big plus, she was taking me the next morning for the surgery.

The day of I was excited and ready to do this!! I was very gung-ho! smh....

this is before


and this is sooo after....I was not a happy camper.


I ended up staying the night in the hospital because I was nauseated and could not stop dry heaving and trying to throw up. Not a good thing when you just had the lap band put on. It would suck if I blew a stitch or had a slip! But I was able to go home the next day. :) Oh happy day!

Home and sleep were all I had on my mind, but hubby was starving so we ended up at Panara bread, I stayed in the car, I love that restaurant so I was not going to torture myself.

Once at home I waited for dear daughter (from now on the people are going to be abbreviated, so she will be DD). to go to the pharmacy to get my pain meds. I didn't get my pain medication till 10 pm that night! CVS didn't have it, so she had to go to Walmart to fill it and they didn't want to fill it because for some strange reason they had it listed that I was allergic to Sulfa and Codeine... uh no. Sulfa and MORPHINE. Were they going to tell her? No.  
She waited and waited in Wally World till the pharmacy was about to close and she finally asked them if the prescription was ready, they informed her that it was flagged, and they could not give it to her. She asked why and then they said they had to call me to clear up the entire problem.... UGH dumbasses!!

When she finally got home I almost ripped it out of her hands I was hurting soo badly. After that I was in a nice narcotic haze so I don't remember much, other than I was told I snored really loudly. 

Now on to the second day......





No comments:

Post a Comment