Ticker

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Exciting 2 days! (Day 19)

Well as the top post implies, it has been an EXCITING 2 days. And not in a good way.

My daughter has a dog named Tank, beautiful white pit bull puppy, he is about 6 months old. Well he has been feeling punk the past few days, and my daughter was very worried.
She doesn't have the money so I told her I would pay for him to go to the vet. We figured he just had garbage gut (he LOVES to knock over trash cans and see what booty they have in store)

Well a fecal exam later and he has parvo.
Talk about freak out time, they wanted 500 dollars up front to keep him and shes in tears. I'm trying to call Bret to get the ok to use the funds, she gets a hold of her bff who works at another vet's office, and they said for 200 deposit they would keep him. Now the only problem with that is we are an hour away...and of course they close in 45 minutes.

I think I broke every speed barrier to get him to that vet's office.

Now what has me freaking out is she brought him over only 2 days before this, and he and my newest addition were playing, and they were in the same kennel.
My baby Tildy is current on all her shots, but she only had 2 of the parvo shots, she was scheduled to get the third one next week. I called my vet and we went and got the shot today. Plus her rabies and bordetella. And we set up the appointment to come back in three weeks to get another booster to be on the safe side and to have her spayed.

She is 3 days from the day of exposure and I have to watch until Monday. If she shows no symptoms by Monday she should be good to go.
She's being her usual active self, but I am soo paranoid I am afraid I am over watching her.

We just got a call from the vet, Tank is reacting well with the medications, he's alert, he's active, and he has not thrown up since yesterday. (He never had the diarrhea, thank God) and they are moving him from ISO to another area (its still isolation but a little more friendly) He has to be kept calm because he has tried to remove his IV now twice from being excited. So we are guardedly optimistic. If he keeps improving the way he's going, he will be able to come home by Thursday.
But he cannot go ''visiting'' for a looong while.

Yesterday we bleached my entire house. Twice. We also bleached my front steps and back steps and porches. Today I did the back yard... and I have not finished it yet. But I got most of it. I have to go get another water hose and I also have to go get more bleach. I have a large back yard and so far I have used 1 and a half big bottles of bleach on the area's I can reach with the hose. I still have to do my front yard and the rest of the back. It's also 90+ degrees outside so I think I am going to wait a little longer to let it cool off. I let my dogs out (I have 5 total, but the others are all over a year old and up to date on all their shots) and I kept them in the area that I had already sprayed.

Now its time for lunch...haha the real reason for my blog.


That my dear friends is 8oz. of Chef Prepared Turkey salad with Cranberries (thats what the little dark things are, its not rabbit poo)
I was very skeptical at first but omg it was really tasty, and only 215 calories according to MFP. :)

I am still boycotting the scales, I do have a NSV. I have a pair of capris I bought a while back. They are size 20W and they were suuuper tight. I have them on right now :) and they are LOOSE!

Anyways I will keep you updated :)
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment