Ticker

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The word No... Day 6

"You cant be afraid of what people will feel at the expense of what you feel." - Steve Harvey

I was half asleep with the TV on when I heard Steve Harvey say this. The topic on his show today is being able to tell other people no.
It got me thinking, "Do I say NO enough?" 
Kids wanna borrow money, if I have it I give it to them.
When my friends want to borrow something, I usually say yes.
When it comes to compromise it seems that I was always the one bending over backwards to accommodate everyone but myself.
Then I decided 6 months ago that I was going to do something for me.

I might revisit this topic above at another time.. but for right now I think I will just talk about how I am feeling.
Today makes day 6. How do I feel? gurgly hahahaha
My stomach is gurgling and talking bubbles. Which is a good thing, my incision sites are not sore anymore and I slept partly on my side last night. (I did cheat though and took some of my lovely liquid codeine to help me sleep)
Before I completely woke up this morning I got Bret (who was already up, thanks DD2) to bring me my medication so I could take it the correct way, no chewing up the pills and before I got up and started moving around. I have discovered I am going to take the blood pressure meds a little later in the day, and the thyroid soon as I get up with an empty stomach..haha but as it is now its an empty stomach all darn day!!
I got me 2 popsicles, some chicken broth, a lime jello and a small cup of Gatorade....and that was breakfast.
This liquid diet is murder, but I can say I do not have any diarrhea. So if that's what it takes then ok. But right now I would fight a wild pack of dogs for just one scrambled egg and a slice of toast.

I guess I can tie in the whole no thing after all.
For my health, for my healing I have to say NO. To myself, to my kids, to people who want something from me right now. It's not gonna happen. I have to put myself first right now and heal, then I can go back to being the pushover that I once was..lol




No comments:

Post a Comment